Friday, August 22, 2014

Getting Prepared

"Always be prepared" is the motto of the Scouts.  It is a good working game plan to follow.  So I have been busy preparing for the next season of my artwork.  I like to make my own painting panels out of masonite hardboard.  I can cut the panels to the dimensions I like.  So I cut up a bunch of them this past week, lightly sanding in between applying 3 coats of acrylic white gesso to them.  Nine of them I added white marble dust to the gesso in order to use for pastel drawings.  


I am going to focus on further studies in oil and pastel using these panels.  These studies will be 8" x 10" and 9" x 12" sizes.  

The next couple of weeks I am on a travel adventure out west and hopefully will capture some great material for future pieces of art.  So I won't be doing much of this....
(Sleeping tiger at Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo...should I awake him and tell him it is rated #1 in the world?)


Hope you have a satisfying weekend and be well prepared!
Be strong and courageous!

No comments:

Post a Comment