Thursday, November 20, 2014

Bambi and Wiggles

"Bambi and Wiggles"
Charcoal/graphite
17" x 22"
Meows and neighs have been prevalent sounds in my studio the last week.  And now you can see why.  Let me introduce you to Bambi the mare and Wiggles, her cat friend.  They are two unlikely companions but seem to get along just fine.  Bambi isn't unnerved at all by this four clawed creature who can scratch, hiss, and pounce.  Wiggles seems oblivious to the potential of being kicked, stomped on, or bitten.  There's a quiet camaraderie in this barnyard relationship...a comfortableness of each being safely who they are without getting on each other's nerves.  This is a metaphor for what goes into making a good friendship.


 Speaking of friendship....Michelangelo, my art manikin, wanted me to introduce you to a new studio resident and friend.  If you look closely, you will see a small red cat.  This is Renoir who was crafted for me by my nephew Josh Milligan out of Play Dough. Josh stated that Renoir was to be my studio supervisor.  Michelangelo said that was his job description, but that he didn't mind sharing some tasks.  

This past weekend I enjoyed attending the 2014 Nebraska Horse Expo in Lincoln, Nebraska. Beautiful horses, jumps, and trail challenges provided good photo references for me.  



Not to be excluded, the little tykes also got to have their moment of glory in the stick horse rodeo.

Recently I met Mary Pell, mother of my horse-loving friends Kirsten and Rhiannon.  She makes these amazing tote bags out of their horses' feed bags.  I think she sells them for $6.00.  They are weather proof and a clever way to recycle.  Let me know if you would like to buy some.  


Just a reminder...the 2015 Bonnie Patterson Fine Art Calendars are now available for ordering on-line here on my website.  Just picked up a new batch from the printers so help yourselves!  

Be brave and courageous!

No comments:

Post a Comment