Thursday, April 21, 2016

Out of the Mouth of Babes


Wasn't it Art Linkletter who had a portion of his TV show titled "Kids Say the Darndest Things"?  Yesterday I felt I was watching that program again as I gave a drawing presentation to a local preschool.  As I was proceeding to create a painting of a Rocky Mountain Bighorn sheep in pastels, all kinds of astonishing and hilarious commentary were coming from these little people wiggling on their assigned mats while watching what I was doing. 

 While I was rendering my sky, I explained to these free-spirited little artists that the sky comes all the way to the ground.  You have probably seen little children's drawings of the sky being a little two inch streak up at the top of the paper with a huge white space between that and the ground at the bottom of the paper.  One little girl piped up and strongly disagreed with that notion.  She insisted that she always kept her sky up in the sky and didn't let touch the ground!  
     I thoroughly enjoyed their commentary and unabashed love of life.  
I am fascinated by the Bighorn sheep.  I explained to these little students how amazingly God designed sheep skulls with double protection so that the rams could endure the 20 m.p.h. impact of their head-butting.  They don't get headaches.  And their hooves are specially designed with a rough but rubbery texture that enables them to climb in such precarious terrain.  


Live bravely and beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment