Monday, September 4, 2017

Labor Day Weekend

Quick sketch of Table Mountain near Mt. Baker

This weekend I took a break from a back-to-school schedule full of lesson plans and preparations to squeeze in a few minutes to sketch.  This setting is in the beautiful Pacific Northwest Cascades about an hour from home.  Anyone care to hike that trail crossing the rocky scree of Table Mountain?  What an inspiring view you'd enjoy!  

There is a Pleasure in the Pathless Woods

There is a pleasure in the pathless woods,
There is a rapture on the lonely shore,
There is society, where none intrudes,
By the deep Sea, and music in its roar:
I love not Man the less, but Nature more,
From these our interviews, in which I steal
From all I may be, or have been before,
To mingle with the Universe, and feel
What I can ne'er express, yet cannot all conceal.

---George Gordon, Lord Byron
(1788-1824)

Live bravely and beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment