Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Letting the Cat Out of the Bag!


I couldn't wait to share this one with you all, so I am letting the cat out of the bag!  This morning before diving into my current piece of artwork, I had to decide on the next painting or drawing project first.  There's a reason for this.  On Saturday I will be participating in another live Artist at Work Show here in Omaha.  The current work I am doing is of Katy the Cowdog in that beautiful blue bucket of muddy water.  And I'm enjoying it greatly!  But I really have to concentrate when it comes to watercolor as it is not my strong suit.  And when you are doing a live at-work show, people are there to interact with you the artist.  I love doing that, being I am an extrovert social person!  But I would lose my focus and probably make Katy come out looking like she was some Martian's alien beast.

 But put a pencil in my hand and I'm good with all that!  So I went ahead and selected my next topic for a drawing that I can work on during the show.  This one has been sitting on the back burner brewing and saying, "What about me?!"   I don't want to totally ruin your suspense, so I covered up most of the photo to let you get a gist of what is involved.  For those of you familiar with my artwork, this one is along the lines of my drawing titled "Boots, Broncs, and Britches".   You can view it on my Gallery page of Graphite/Charcoal Drawings here on this blog website.

Okay...enough said.  Time to dip my brush in the water and get back to working on Katy or she will get tired of sitting posed in that bucket of muddy water and jump out.  Here's an update on her progress so far.  Oh, and she loves snacks!  She'll keep sitting there as long as you throw those little tasty dog biscuit thingies her way.



No comments:

Post a Comment