Thursday, February 26, 2015

All That Jazz!

The New York Voices

This past week I was delighted with great art through the Grammy Award winning vocal group New York Voices.  They gave an outstanding performance at Dundee Presbyterian Church here in Omaha.  Their music genre is smooth jazz with tight knit vocal blending.  It is always inspirational to be in the presence of artists who have perfected their craft and put in their ten thousand hours of hard practice.
I find it enjoyable at concerts to be sketching the performers.  It really brings back the memories more poignantly than if I had just taken a picture on my cell phone.  I can almost hear the music again when I look at these sketches.

                               


They are always moving around so I only have time to catch the essence of them in that moment.


Oh, yes...there was the drummer keeping things moving...played an incredible and creative drum solo!

And last but not least...the pianist!

Coming up this Sunday I am attending a luncheon for artists in Lincoln, Nebraska.  It is being held at the Lincoln Berean Church where a piece of my work is hanging in one of their galleries through Easter.  It is a pastel I did in January...titled "My Father's World". 

The day after Sunday will find me with my art manikin Michelangelo on another MAJOR adventure, but we'll keep that for the next blog!  Until then, I hope there's plenty of music in your life in more ways than one!  Take time to hear and see the wonder in life this week!

Be brave and courageous! 

No comments:

Post a Comment