Friday, May 23, 2014

On The Verge

The word "verge" means on the edge or border.  Words like "diverge" mean going away from the edge; "converge" is the point where edges join.  So here is my little manikin Michaelangelo, sitting on the verge of my drawing board at the easel.  The metaphor is that I am on the verge of a new piece of work...just at the edges of it and that is exciting.  Sometimes I feel as though I am getting the flu during the time between finishing a piece of work and the conception of a new drawing or painting.  I experience a restlessness in my soul to get at the new work, but other parts of art making and marketing detain me.  Alas!  Finally the new paper is on the easel and the work can begin.  

Also I am on the verge of a new season in my life that coincides with summer.  It is time to get my work out there where I can better connect with those who love the western way of life and wildlife.  So that is getting a lot of my focus and effort.  Remember the boxes in the back of my Bronco several blogs ago?  They are part of the process.  More on all this later!  For now, enjoy the Memorial Day weekend and remembering with gratitude all the many men and women who gave their lives so we could enjoy freedom.  Here's a photo of Michaelangelo saluting all America's fallen heroes!

No comments:

Post a Comment