Thursday, January 1, 2015

Be Dazzled in 2015!

 Elijah's Work Day
5" x 7"
Pastel study

Welcome to a New Year!  A wide open horizon stands before us.  What possibilities lie ahead?  What unexpected joys?  What unforeseen challenges?  What new adventures? Thinking about the joys/adventures/possibilities parts really revs my engines.  What I'd rather leave off the agenda are the challenges/problems pieces.  But that is where I seem to grow the most.

 I am thankful that God promises to personally go before us and to walk beside us moment by moment.  I like how Luci Swindoll expressed it..."I took God at His word---that He'd be with me and take care of me; that He'd go before me and straighten out the crooked places...something about that choice had a rush in it for me.  An edge.  An excitement.  Each day I couldn't wait to see what would happen!"
Bighorn Sheep study
4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Watercolor

So...are you ready to be dazzled in 2015?!  Let me share a brief bit of poetry by one of my favorite poets with you to explain just WHY you need to be dazzled:

Good Morning

          The mulitiplicity of forms!  The hummingbird,
          the fox, the raven, the sparrow hawk, the 
          otter, the dragonfly, the water lily!  And 
          on and on.  It must be a great disappointment
          to God if we are not dazzled at least ten 
          times a day.
                                                                    ---Mary Oliver.
                                                                        Blue Horses

This beautiful, created world beckons to us every day to see with fresh eyes and listen with open ears.  So be dazzled everyday of this new 2015 year!!!  It's a great way to live!
                                                                  
Cedar Canyon Near Scottsbluff
5" x 7"
Pastel study

This past August I enjoyed a wonderful hike with my son Joe up into this canyon on the lookout for the Bighorn sheep herd that has been thriving there.  We never saw any sheep, but really enjoyed the time together and the road less traveled.
Pen sketch of one of my favorite dogs...Leo

Oh, yes...while I was visiting my son Joe and daughter-in-law Crystal, I enjoyed lots of throw and retrieve time with the infamous little Papillion dog Leo.  He's the star of the "Leo Diaries".
He steals my heart every time!

Be strong and courageous!

No comments:

Post a Comment