Thursday, December 25, 2014

The King in a Manger

On this day the world pretty much comes to a stand still.  One baby's birth brings our focus to the highest and best of thoughts.  I was reminded fresh again today that the King of all kings and the Lord of all lords stripped Himself of the greatest in riches and privilege to come in the most helpless form and to a place of filth.  The purpose was so you and I could be freed from our poverty of soul to gain the riches of relationship with God and high privilege of being called His sons and daughters.  This is what Christmas is all about!

The following are some photos of large murals in chalk I did a few years back depicting more parts about the Christmas story:  

The above drawing was a variation I composed off of a similar painting by Rembrandt.  I updated and personalized it by putting in some contemporary cowboy/shepherds and dogs in the mix of stable animals.  

Merry Christmas to you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment