Thursday, June 12, 2014

What Is Going On In My Studio?

Here we are at the backdoor entrance to my studio, just off the basketball court.  Come on inside and I'll show you what I'm currently up to.  Summer events are coming fast and furiously, particularly the rodeo season, so I have been pushing hard on a number of fronts.


First off, here is my art manikin Michaelangelo to attest to all the frenetic activity.  He's pooped and taking a break for the moment.  Since much of my artwork deals with the western lifestyle and rodeos, I plan to be at a number of rodeos and county fairs this summer.  Just don't look for me in the bull riding events!  At the end of July, the Springfield Artworks Gallery is hosting a trunk show for me during the Sarpy County Fair and Rodeo just south of Omaha here.  This Saturday night will find me at the Fremont Youth Rodeo.  


Okay, you may wonder what I'm doing with a sewing machine?  I wonder, too!  But I have devised a plan to transport my artwork around to the various shows and events.  Here you see some heavy canvas material in the machine.  Carrying artwork around is hard on the frames, so to keep them from getting scratched, I am making canvas satchels to carry them all in and to protect them in storage.  The first one I made out of burlap, but prefer the canvas as it is heavy-duty.  So on to the making of the next 13 satchels!

And there's some new developments in how I am going to offer my artwork to you.  More to come on that in the near future, but I couldn't wait to give you a sneak preview.  These will make great gifts and ways to have my art on a less expensive level than the originals.




Don't forget...that mystery project that you saw in boxes in the back of my Bronco a few blogs ago is in great forward motion!  My brother Robert has graciously been helping me in the assembly of this project.  We are currently working on the wiring.  Will post photos of updates on what it is looking like soon!

Okay, my studio is getting crowded and I'm running out of wall space.  Perhaps you have some at your place?  Check out my online galleries and see if there is a piece just begging for you to give it a good home.  Have a great weekend enjoying these beautiful summer days...June finally came!  I'm in another art show downtown here for the Papillion Days on Saturday, then rodeoing in the evening!



  

No comments:

Post a Comment