Thursday, June 5, 2014

June Is Busting Out All Over!


June opens wide the door to summer and all the wonderful events that accompany the season.  The ripple effects are rampant here in my studio.   The "bees are busy buzzing in the hive" here as I prepare for summer art shows, rodeos, outdoor painting (plein air) events, and travel.  Just tonight is the monthly meeting of our local Papillion Arts Creative group.  Friday is the beginning of the Omaha Summer Arts Festival down by Old Market and the riverfront lagoon.  I always enjoy the interaction in visiting with the many varied artists and come away feeling inspired.  Then Saturday from 10 - 2 p.m. is the monthly interactive art show at Dingman's Collision Center.  I'll be working on this piece there as well as bringing some new work for exhibit.

The rodeo schedule is up and running hard.  I have been invited to attend the Fremont Youth  Rodeo next week on June 14th.  So I'll be there accompanying the action with my art.  Even more rodeos and art events are lining up.  I'll keep you all posted.  Maybe I'll even get to see some of you in my travels this summer!

This is the current work on my drawing board.  It is of my son Elijah and his friend Kelton. Can you guess what they are up to?!

( close up view )

No comments:

Post a Comment